Sunday, January 17, 2010

Reflections from Sanford

Well, it was a slow day at the market in Sanford. That's what my neighbors, who make the most amazing soaps, said about Saturday. Floridians are so funny! It takes a while for us to thaw out and trust Mother Nature again after such a long cold spell. Plus it was cloudy and people were afraid that it might rain. Honestly it was a gorgeous overcast day with temperatures in the mid 70's but no rain! At one point I looked around and was reminded of my visit to Seattle. The brick-lined streets lined with the shine of moisture from the atmosphere, the historic buildings, a fountain trickling amidst little cafe tables for two, and last but not least AND without bias, fantastic artisans that truly care about their craft. I barely made enough to cover my rental fee but the experience was priceless. My first market experience will be one that I will always treasure.

A special thanks to Elizabeth & Alexander's Creations for being the best neighbor's ever!
www.elizabethandalexanderscreations.com
And to Amy, the freelancing queen for her support and purchasing my products!
www.contententcomestolife.com


No comments: