Thursday, January 14, 2010

Basic Packaging




Until I get my packaging supplies from Nashville Wraps, here's what I'm going to use for Mia Love Eco Treats for dogs and cats.



I'm wrestling with what is most reusable, recyclable, and something that biodegrades easily. I went to the store last night and brought my own bags in for my groceries. The bag boy was ticked! I asked him why he didn't care for the canvas, reusable bags and he said he loved plastic bags. This truly was a "kid"...maybe 17 or 18 and he's our future. What have we done? Maybe it was the plastic baby bottles for this young teenager? He truly thought that canvas was bad and plastic was good. Sweet bagger boy pointed to the large, empty plastic bag recycling bin and said "that's what those things are for". Okay. Good point. But how many folks actually make it back to the store with the intention of recycling their plastic bags? Why don't they just use the plastic bags again and again? My Dad takes his plastic bags back to the store but he's the only one I have ever seen do this. So, if it's just me reusing my crappy canvas bags because I think I might make a difference, I can live with that. One person at a time and maybe it will make a difference but at least it will make a difference to me.
Ranting over.

No comments: