Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Carob Cakes ROCK

Oh my...they are delicious and thanks to Mrs. Stose for the fabulous silicon bone-shaped baking sheet. Now I have to decide what to ice them with.

Did I share that my dog is thrilled to be an official taster??? Mia is so smart. She waits like the expert she is outside the kitchen so that she can be readily available to critique the treats.

I had a snafu with melting carob chips last night. They were quite a challenge and very persnickety for a vegan product. Needless to say that I iced the cookies with white chocolate. Mia strongly approved them as outstanding.

Besides the carob challenge, I'm trying to get all my venues lined up. Here's what I'm projecting:
Thursday, Ormond Beach Farmer's Market
Friday: Flagler Beach Farmer's Market
Saturday: Sanford Farmer's Market

Enticing e-mails have been sent, voice mails have been left and I anxiously await and bake my little heart out.

As soon as I hear anything it will be posted here first!

1 comment:

James said...

Great stuff! Proud of you starting a business -- I've been giving a lot of thought to it recently too. It won't be pet treats, but it might be something dog/cat owners will want to consume while their pooches eat a Mia Love Eco Treat!

If there's anything I can do from a legal perspective, just let me know. Pulling for you.